As Disney moves forward with production on their streaming service content, a new casting announcement has been made for the upcoming, Stargirl.
- Deadline reports that actor Graham Verchere has been cast as the male lead, Leo Borlock, in Disney’s Stargirl. Verchere is best known for his roles on FX’s Fargo and ABC’s The Good Doctor.
- Verchere joins Grace VanderWaal who will play the titular character, Stargirl Caraway. The story is based on Jerry Spinelli’s young adult novel of the same name.
- Filming will being on September 24th with Julia Hart set to direct. Kristin Hahn adapted the screenplay with edits and updates by Hart and her partner Jordan Horowitz.
- Stargirl is about a high schooler who’s eccentricities make her stand out. At first, she’s loved by her classmates, then they begin to turn on her. Will she succumb to the crowd and conform to “normal?”
More Disney Streaming Service:
Along with Stargirl, several other projects are in various stages of development.
- Casting announcements for the live-action/CGI Lady and the Tramp movie includes Marvel’s Tessa Thompson as Lady and Benedict Wong as Bull.
- The New York Times believes the success of the streaming services lies in the hands of Ricky Strauss. In a recent profile of Strauss, they highlight his strengths and why he was selected to lead this division of the Walt Disney Company.
- Check out our Disney Streaming Service page for more about the upcoming projects, films, and shows that be available to subscribers.