The modern-day cult classic series Veronica Mars could be returning — this time streaming as a limited series on Hulu.
UPDATE: It’s happening!
- According to a report by Deadline, Hulu is finalizing a deal to bring the Rob Thomas-created show to the platform for an eight-episode run.
- Additionally, star Kristen Bell (also known as the voice of Anna in Frozen) is said to be reprising her role as Mars while conversations are also being held with other legacy cast members.
- Veronica Mars originally on the CBS-owned network UPN for two seasons before making the jump to the CW when UPN merged with the WB. The show aired for an additional season on the then-new network.
- In 2013, Thomas, Bell, and others took to Kickstarter in order to raise funds for a feature film based on the program, raising more than $5 million for the project. The film was later released in 2014.
- Disney is currently a 30% owner of Hulu but is expected to increase their share to 60% once the proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox assets.
- While this revival isn’t confirmed just yet, you can see what original shows and films are coming to Hulu and other Disney streaming services here.