The rumors were true — the cult hit Veronica Mars is coming back, with Hulu ordering a new season of the show.
- Series alums Jason Dohring, Francis Capra , Percy Daggs III and David Starzyk will all be returning for the revival of the series according to Deadline.
- Series creator Rob Thomas also shared a tweet announcing the writing staff:
And yes, if you’re brilliant and give yourself a #PartyDown Twitter handle, I'll hire you. Or, you could be the NBA’s all time leading scorer, but you must still be brilliant. pic.twitter.com/4Qk2uqcKey
— Rob Thomas (@RobThomas) September 25, 2018
- As expected, Hulu has announced an eight-episode order of Veronica Mars.
- The official word came from star Kristen Bell who shared this video on her Instagram:
View this post on Instagram
Attention all Marshmallows: BREAKING NEWS!!!!! We are OFFICIALLY back in business!!! A new #veronicamars series is coming back, on @hulu !!!! Veronica has always been a super hero without a Cape. And I think shes exactly what the world needs right now. Thank you to all my fellow marshmallows who stayed excited. Thank you to @hulu for the opportunity. I hope we're still friends after I taser I you. 😍😍😍
- In addition to greenlighting a new season, Hulu has also picked up the SVOD rights to all past episodes of the original series.
- As a result, Marshmallows can stream seasons 1 through 3, as well as the 2014 feature film, beginning in summer 2019.
Veronica Mars New Season Description:
- “Spring breakers are getting murdered in Neptune, thereby decimating the seaside town’s lifeblood tourist industry. After Mars Investigations is hired by the parents of one of the victims to find their son’s killer, Veronica is drawn into an epic eight-episode mystery that pits the enclave’s wealthy elites, who would rather put an end to the month-long bacchanalia, against a working class that relies on the cash influx that comes with being the West Coast’s answer to Daytona Beach.”
The Disney Connection
- Disney is currently a 30% owner of Hulu but is expected to increase their share to 60% once the proposed acquisition of 21st Century Fox assets.
- Of course, Kristen Bell is also known as the voice of Anna in Frozen.