When ABC announced it was bringing back most of the cast of Roseanne — save Roseanne Barr herself — for a spinoff titled The Conners, it was unclear how the project would address the character’s absence. Now John Goodman, who stars as Dan Conner, has confirmed that Roseanne will be killed off as the new series picks up.
- As Deadline reports, in an interview with The Sunday Times, Goodman was asked how his character might differ in this new iteration of the show.
- The actor first stated,”It’s an unknown,” but added, “I guess he’ll be mopey and sad because his wife’s dead.”
- No other details on the character’s death were offered and ABC has yet to confirm the fate at all.
- After a massively successful 10th season, Roseanne was abruptly canceled after the real-life Roseanne tweeted a racist joke about former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett.
- Barr will have no creative input in the new series nor will she see any financial gain from the program.
- Goodman will return for The Conners this fall along with other legacy cast members including Sara Gilbert, Laurie Metcalf, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman.