A new Marvel television series based on female superheroes is currently in development at ABC according to a report from Deadline.
- ABC has not yet announced what characters the series will be based on, but it will reportedly focus on female characters with superpowers.
- Wonder Woman writer Allan Heinberg will write and executive produce the new series.
- The yet-untitled new series will consist of hour-long episodes.
- The series will reportedly be based on lesser-known Marvel characters.
- The new series would join Jessica Jones (Netflix) and Agent Carter (ABC) as Marvel series focusing on female leads.
- No release date for the new series has been announced.
What they’re saying:
- Entertainment President Channing Dungey: “In terms of Marvel, we have some things that we are in discussions with them right now that we are in development. I’m very excited about it.”
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Disney reportedly announced the addition of new Marvel shows based on existing Marvel Cinematic Universe characters like Loki and Scarlet Witch for the Disney Streaming Service.
- Marvel released the first trailer for the highly-anticipated upcoming film Captain Marvel.
- Marvel and Netflix released a poster for the upcoming third season of Daredevil promising more darkness for Matt Murdock.
- Hasbro will be launching a collection of action dolls based on the characters of Marvel Rising.
- Mondo Gallery announced the Marvel Studios: The First Ten Years art show.