Disney’s beloved animated classic Lilo & Stitch will reportedly be the next to get a live-action remake, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich will produce the new live-action remake.
- The pair is currently working on the live-action remake of the Disney animated classic Aladdin.
- The new movie will be a CGI/live-action hybrid.
- Mike Van Waes will write the script for the new film.
- It is reportedly unclear whether the new remake will be heading to theaters or directly to Disney’s streaming service.
- A release date is also currently unknown.
- “In Lilo and Stitch, get ready to crash-land on Earth with Stitch, a runaway genetic experiment from a faraway planet. As he wreaks havoc on the Hawaiian Islands, he becomes the mischievous adopted alien “puppy” of an independent little girl named Lilo and learns about loyalty, friendship, and ‘ohana, the Hawaiian tradition of family.”
ICYMI – More Disney Movie news:
- Check out Alex’s Digital Review of Marvel’s Ant-Man and the Wasp.
- Check out Alex’s Blu-ray Review for Solo: A Star Wars Story.
- Grammy Award-winning band Imagine Dragons recorded a new song for Ralph Breaks the Internet.
- Stars of Disney’s Jungle Cruise celebrated the wrap of production on the new film based on the classic Disney attraction.