In just a few days, Disney will be joining the global celebration of girls as part of the International Day of the Girl. On October 11, Disney fans around the world are invited to Disney bound as their favorite female character during their visit to Disney Parks.
- The United Nations has declared Thursday, October 11 as International Day of the Girl.
- To celebrate this special day, Disney Parks Blog has announced a Global Disney bound event for fans of Disney’s female characters.
- Guests are invited to dress in outfits inspired by their favorite female Disney characters when they visit the park on October 11.
- Along with International Day of the Girl, this global Disney bound is also part of the Dream Big, Princess campaign inspiring girls to pursue their dreams and reminding them they can achieve anything.
What is Disney bounding?
- Disney bounding is different than just wearing a costume. It’s a clever expression of style and design inspired by a beloved character and often follows color schemes that character wears.
- If fans are inspired by Ariel they might pair a cute purple top with green bottoms and carry a yellow and blue striped bag to represent Flounder.
- Disney bounding can include color schemes, patterns, accessories and more that speak to a favorite character.
- Need some inspiration? There are a variety of looks to choose from on Disney Style or Forever Disney.
- Whether your favorite character is clever, kind, compassionate, creative, adventurous, ambitious, fearless, confident, brave – or all of the above! – Disney wants fans to celebrate their iconic style and spirit.
Teamwork makes the Dream Work:
- With so many wonderful characters to choose from, it’s hard to narrow it down to just one! Fans are encouraged to team up with friends and family to celebrate an entire group of powerful females.
- Some fans might even find themselves featured on the Disney Parks Blog displaying their fantastic Disney bounding attire.
#Dream BigPrincess video series:
- Later this month, the premiere of the #DreamBigPrincess video series will celebrate the inspiring stories and words of advice from female trailblazers across industries and around the world.
- This incredible series features short films captured by 21 talented young women from 13 countries.
- The Dream Big, Princess initiative encourages kids everywhere to dream big by highlighting key story moments and inspiring qualities that each Disney Princess showcases through her adventures, such as Merida’s bravery, Cinderella’s kindness or Tiana’s perseverance.
- From October 10 – November 20, 2018, fans can help support Girl Up by liking or sharing of a public video or photo with #DreamBigPrincess on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- As part of this campaign, Disney Worldwide Services will donate US $1 to Girl Up, the United Nations Foundation’s program supporting girls’ leadership and empowerment (minimum donation: $500,000/maximum donation: $1 million).
What to do:
- Share a photo of yourself Disney bounding as your favorite female Disney character on Oct. 11th – along with a description of why they inspire you.
- Include the hashtag #DreamBigPrincess.
- Encourage your friends to do the same.
- Unlock donations to inspire and support children everywhere!
Good to know:
- “While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. Please take a moment to read through the latest park rules and attire guidelines for your Disney resort destination when planning your Disney bound look.”
- Walt Disney World Resort Attire Guidelines
- Disneyland Resort Attire Guidelines
- Disneyland Paris Resort Attire Guidelines
- Shanghai Disney Resort Attire Guidelines
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Disney travel planning