Fox is in the early stages of planning for a remake of the classic 1993 baseball movie Rookie of the Year, according to Deadline.
- Dan Gregor and Doug Mand are in the process of signing on with the studio to write the remake and Gregor is being considered to direct.
- The pair of Gregor and Mand wrote the screenplay for Disney’s Magic Camp, which is currently slated for release on the streaming service.
- Bob Haprer, producer of the original film, is also tapped to produce the remake.
- The original film centers around a young boy who suffers an accident resulting in him having an incredibly powerful pitching arm. He then signs with the Chicago Cubs and leads them to the World Series.
- There are currently no further details regarding the remake.
- Fox is also reportedly in the process of developing a prequel to The Sandlot, another classic baseball film focused on young boys who love the game.