As construction continues on the new parking structure near Mickey & Friends at the Disneyland Resort, the Disney Parks Blog shares some project updates.
- Last year, Disneyland Resort announced a new parking structure would be built to accommodate an additional 6,500 vehicles.
- Today, the Disney Parks Blog has announced that the project will now feature a pedestrian bridge over Magic Way.
Details about the pedestrian bridge:
- This new bridge will connect visitors from the parking structure to the rest of the resort, allowing guests the option to stroll through the Downtown Disney District to the theme parks’ main entrance.
- With the addition of the new bridge, foot traffic crossing the street at Disneyland Drive and Magic Way will be reduced, providing a convenient route, and greater pedestrian safety along with better traffic circulation.
- The project is set to be completed next year.
- These parking and transportation enhancements have been designed to improve parking and traffic flow.
- The new parking structure is expected to significantly speed up guest arrival by providing a 60 percent increase in the number of access lanes and by adding parking capacity on the west side of the resort.
- In addition, the tram boarding area will be reconfigured to enhance the transportation experience for guests parking at both the new structure and Mickey & Friends.
- This project is currently under construction near the Mickey & Friends lot.
More Disneyland Resort news:
- After a months-long delay on Disneyland’s fourth, luxury hotel, Disney has announced that they are officially canceling the project.
- Check out our Disneyland Resort updates from earlier this year to see the progress on the parking structure.