Authorities are reportedly looking into a grand theft that took place at the Manhattan Beach Studios Media Campus, the studio currently housing production on The Mandalorian, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Police were reportedly called about the theft around 11 AM on Thursday morning.
- Authorities have not yet confirmed what was taken from the studio but sources have been reported as saying items from the Lucasfilm set were missing, but nothing significant.
- The studio is also home to production on James Cameron’s Avatar sequels.
- The case currently remains under investigation.
More on The Mandalorian:
- Favreau announced the title of the new series, along with details regarding the plot, earlier this month.
- The series will include episodes directed by:
- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series will take place between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
- The Mandalorian will be heading to the Disney Streaming Service.
- George Lucas recently stopped by the set of coming series.
- No release date for The Mandalorian has been announced at this time.
- After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic
Other Star Wars Projects In Development:
In addition to The Mandalorian, other Star Wars films and series are in development.
- Star Wars: Resistance is an animated series that begins on Disney Channel October 7
- J.J Abrams is currently in production on Star Wars: Episode IX
- A new trilogy, unrelated to the Skywalker Saga, is under development by Rian Johnson
- An unknown series of film is being developed by Game of Thrones’ David Benioff and D.B. Weiss