Frozen 2 is one of the most highly-anticipated sequels in Disney’s storied history. And now it looks like we won’t have to wait quite as long for Disney to “let it go.” The release date for the upcoming film has reportedly been moved up a week, according to Variety.
- The original planned release date, announced back in April, for the sequel to one of Disney’s most successful animated films of all-time was November 27, 2019.
- Now, the release date has been moved up one week to November 22, 2019.
- Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff are all set to reprise their roles as Elsa, Anna, Olaf and Kristoff respectively.
- Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown are reportedly in talks to lend their voices to the new film as well.
- Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck, creators of the first film, are once again slated to direct.
- Allison Schroeder is teaming with Lee to write the script.
- The original film, which was released in 2013, was a massive hit, earning nearly $1.3 billion worldwide and taking home Academy Awards for ‘Best Animated Feature Film’ and ‘Best Original Song’ (“Let It Go”).
ICYMI – More Frozen news:
- Disney and the Oriental Land Company announced another expansion of the Tokyo Disney Resort, adding a new area to Tokyo DisneySea which will include a Frozen-themed area.
- Hong Kong Disneyland released some new concept art highlighting their massive new expansion that will bring more Marvel, Frozen, and other fun to the park.
- Check out Alex’s review of Disney’s Frozen: The Broadway Musical Original Broadway Cast Recording.