Last month, Disney announced a new nature-inspired mixed resort along Bay Lake would be coming to Walt Disney World. Today, we learned that the name of that resort will be Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge.
- Reflections – A Disney Lakeside Lodge will be a deluxe, nature-inspired resort coming to Walt Disney World.
- It will feature 900 hotel rooms as well as proposed Disney Vacation Club villas.
- The new resort is scheduled to open in 2022 on the shoreline of Bay Lake, located between Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
Quotes from the original announcement:
- George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort: “Walt Disney World is in the midst of our most significant expansion in the last two decades and the combined 1,700 new hotel rooms and proposed Disney Vacation Club villas we are building at four different resorts will create thousands of new construction and permanent jobs and will drive economic opportunity and incremental revenue for Central Florida. We continue to add new attractions, new lands — and these beautiful accommodations will be right in the heart of all that magic.”
- Terri Schultz, senior vice president and general manager of Disney Vacation Club: “This resort experience will be a celebration of Walt Disney’s lifelong love and respect for nature, with some fun and even surprising accommodation types that families will find irresistible. It will give our members and guests yet another opportunity to stay in close proximity to all the newest attractions and experiences in our theme parks, and with the flexibility, value and world-class service families expect from Disney.”