ABC has announced the January premiere date of the new Schooled, a spinoff from their popular comedy series The Goldbergs.
- Schooled will premiere on Wednesday, January 9 at 8:30 PM and will air in the same time slot, following The Goldbergs, from that point on.
- As a result, American Housewife, another comedy series on ABC, will be moved to Tuesday nights starting February 5.
- ABC also added an additional episode to the American Housewife season order.
- Schooled comes from Sony Pictures Television and ABC Studios and was created by Adam F. Goldberg & Marc Firek.
- Adam F. Goldberg, Doug Robinson and Marc Firek serve as executive producers.
- “Schooled,” set in 1990-something, follows the hilarious faculty of William Penn Academy, led by new music teacher and WP graduate Lainey Lewis, Principal Glascott, Coach Mellor and young, enthusiastic super-teacher Charlie Brown, or CB for short. Despite their eccentricities and crazy personal lives, these teachers are heroes to their students.
- AJ Michalka as Lainey Lewis
- Tim Meadows as Principal Glascott
- Bryan Callen as Coach Mellor
- Brett Dier as CB
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- The 2019 NFL Draft is coming to ABC this spring and all three days will be broadcast on the network.
- ABC has decided to pass on Sue Sue in the City, a spinoff of The Middle that would find Sue Heck as a young adult starting her new life in Chicago.
- ABC has cancelled Take Two, which completed its 13 episode summer run a few months ago.
- President of ABC Entertainment, Channing Dungey, is stepping down after less than three years in the role.