- The third tower joining the Swan and the Dolphin will be called the Cove.
- The Cove will include 349 rooms, bringing the total to 2,600 rooms between the three buildings.
- The Cove will be located across the street from the Swan and Dolphin, near the Fantasia Garden miniature golf course.
- The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is owned by Tishman real estate firm and Metlife Investment Management and operated by Marriott International.
More Hotel features:
- Meeting rooms with rooftop terrace– Over 21,000 total square feet of meeting space on three floors, including the top floor which will offer spectacular views of Disney’s nightly Epcot and Hollywood Studios theme park fireworks
- Guest rooms– 198 traditional rooms and 151 suites offering private executive meeting spaces equipped with state-of-the-art technology
- Restaurant– 75-seat restaurant including a 50-seat lounge and bar area and additional function space
- Fitness center– Full-service health club with private changing rooms
- Outdoor space– Lushly landscaped 16,800-square-foot elevated deck with a fire pit and 90-foot long pool
What they’re saying:
- Fred Sawyers, general manager of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin resort: “I’m sort of like a dad. I love the Swan, I love the Dolphin, but the newest baby is going to be something special.”
- Sawyers on the demand for the new tower: “Demand has really been off the charts. We’re going to do about 5 percent more in occupancy this year than we’ve ever done before. I think it really does speak well of Orlando as a destination. We’ve got great infrastructure. Things like roads, the airport and convention center expanding… The future is very bright.”
- Daniel R. Tishman, principal and vice chairman of Tishman, in a prepared statement: “We look forward to expanding the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort and to marking the next chapter in our decades-long relationship with Disney. This expansion is an exciting continuation of our commitment to delivering a best-in-class experience for all resort guests, and is consistent with our recent enhancement of the Dolphin lobbies and resort guestrooms.”