Star Wars fans are in for a treat this summer when Timothy Zahn’s infamous Imperial Admiral Thrawn returns for the next installment in his series. Yesterday, Lucasfilm and Del Rey announced the title of the next book will be Star Wars: Thrawn: Treason and shared a first look at the cover art. The upcoming book was also featured on the The Star Wars Show.
- Lucasfilm and Del Rey have announced the title of the next installment in Timothy Zahn’s bestselling Thrawn series.
- Fans can delved deeper into the life of Chiss warrior Grand Admiral Thrawn, in Star Wars: Thrawn: Treason
- The novel will put Thrawn in a delicate situation as he must make a choice that could potentially lead to treason.
- Star Wars: Thrawn: Treason will be available for pre-order next week is set to debut in the summer of 2019.
“If I were to serve the Empire, you would command my allegiance.”
Such was the promise Grand Admiral Thrawn made to Emperor Palpatine at their first meeting. Since then, Thrawn has been one of the Empire’s most effective instruments, pursuing its enemies to the very edges of the known galaxy. But as keen a weapon as Thrawn has become, the Emperor dreams of something far more destructive.
Now, as Thrawn’s TIE defender program is halted in favor of Director Krennic’s secret Death Star project, he realizes that the balance of power in the Empire is measured by more than just military acumen or tactical efficiency. Even the greatest intellect can hardly compete with the power to annihilate entire planets.
As Thrawn works to secure his place in the Imperial hierarchy, his former protégé Eli Vanto returns with a dire warning about Thrawn’s homeworld. Thrawn’s mastery of strategy must guide him through an impossible choice: duty to the Chiss Ascendancy, or fealty to the Empire he has sworn to serve. Even if the right choice means committing treason.
More Star Wars:
- Timothy Zahn will be one of several authors in attendance at Star Wars Celebration Chicago in April 2019. Fans will have the chance to meet their favorite authors, and might even be among the first to learn official news about upcoming books!
- In this episode of The Star Wars Show hosts, Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni, and be seen sporting the new Star Wars: Empire Crew Parka from Columbia Sportswear. The limited edition jackets are inspired by the coats worn by cast and crew of The Empire Strikes Back when filming on location in Norway. The unisex parkas go on sale at 12:01 am EST on December 7th.