It’s almost time to say “adieu” to two Walt Disney Studio Park attractions as Disneyland Paris prepares to undergo its €2 billion expansion. In the new year, both The Art of Disney Animation and Armageddon – Les Effets Speciaux will close for good.
- Today, Disney announced that The Art of Disney Animation would be closing on January 7th, 2019 while Armageddon – Les Effets Speciaux will depart on April 1st, 2019.
- This news comes shortly after new concept art for the Marvel-themed area coming to the park was released that seemed to show the Armageddon building being repurposed.
- Other projects in the works for Walt Disney Studios Park include an area themed to Frozen and, of course, a Star Wars land.
ICYMI — Disneyland Paris News
- Over at Parc Disneyland, fans are still awaiting the return of Phantom Manor. The classic attraction was set to reopen from refurbishment last year but is now slated for a Spring 2019 debut.
- Speaking of returns, the beloved CinéMagique was set for a limited revival, but it was later announced that a new Christmas show would debut at Walt Disney Studios park instead.
- As we look to the new year, Disney Village recently announced their 2019 program line-up.
- Now through January 6, 2019, guests can celebrate the magic of the holidays at both Parc Disneyland and Walt Disney Studios Park. From Christmas tree lighting to big band music to Minnie Mouse planning a surprise for Mickey, each day offers new, unexpected surprises that will make this holiday one to treasure.
- Next summer, guests will have a swinging good time with Baloo, Simba, Timon, Pumbaa and their friends The Festival of the Lion King and Jungle.
- Finally, earlier this year, Laughing Place has the incredible fortune to spend a day at the Resort to celebrate 90 Years of Magic with Mickey! Check out Bekah’s recap of the day’s events.