Disney Channel’s animated series Milo Murphy’s Law will kick off its second season in January with a crossover special featuring the characters of Phineas and Ferb, according to LA Times.
- The second season of Milo Murphy’s Law will premiere on January 5, 2019 on Disney Channel and Disney XD.
- Both series were created by Dan Povenmire and Jeff “Swampy” Marsh.
- Milo Murphy’s Law premiered in 2016 and follows 13-year-old Milo Murphy, the fictional great-great-great-great grandson of the Murphy’s Law namesake.
- Phineas and Ferb ran for four seasons from 2007 to 2015 and followed the title characters as they invented, schemed, and stayed one step ahead of their bratty sister while, their pet platypus plotted against evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- The premiere date was revealed in a video featuring “Weird Al” Yankovich, who voices Milo Murphy, being interviewed by Phineas and Ferb villain Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz.
- “Milo and his friends Melissa and Zack must work together with their newly discovered neighbors — Phineas, Ferb, Perry the Platypus, Candace, Isabella, Baljeet and Buford — to stop a pistachio invasion.”
What they’re saying:
- Joint statement from Marsh and Povenmire: “The story arc of ‘Milo Murphy’s Law’ has been designed from the very beginning to lead us to a big crossover with all the ‘Phineas and Ferb’ characters. We’ve planted lots of clues and Easter eggs in the first season, and we can’t wait for the fans to see these two worlds collide.”
ICYMI – More Disney Channel news:
- Disney Channel has acquired a dinosaur-based CGI animated series called Gigantosaurus that’s aimed at preschoolers.
- Disney Channel has (finally) released a trailer for the upcoming live-action Kim Possible movie and shared the premiere date.
- Disney Junior has announced that production is underway on a new animated, mystery-adventure show, Mira, Royal Detective.
- Disney Channel has reportedly tapped veteran comedy writer and producer Eunetta T. Boone to be the executive producer and showrunner for the upcoming third season of Raven’s Home.