Disney Channel has acquired a dinosaur-based CGI animated series called Gigantosaurus that’s aimed at preschoolers, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Gigantosaurus is a CGI animated adventure series from Cyber Group Studios.
- The series is set to premiere on January 18 at 9 AM on Disney Channel and the DisneyNOW app.
- Gigantosaurus is based on the best-selling children’s book of the same name, by author John Duddle.
- The series will follow “four dinosaur friends who embark on comedy-filled adventures as they dare to be themselves and explore the world beyond their nests. Their adventures find them exploring the mystery of ‘Gigantosaurus,’ the biggest, fiercest dinosaur of all, as they learn to face their individual fears and work together to solve a problem.”
What they’re saying:
- Pierre Sissmann, chairman and CEO of Cyber Group Studios: “We’re so excited to introduce families to the incredible world of Gigantosaurus. Children have always been fascinated by dinosaurs and they will immediately relate to these unique characters, who, like them, are just beginning to assert their independence and learn about the importance of being themselves and being a good friend.”
ICYMI More Disney Channel news:
- Disney Channel has (finally) released a trailer for the upcoming live-action Kim Possible movie and shared the premiere date.
- Disney Junior has announced that production is underway on a new animated, mystery-adventure show, Mira, Royal Detective.
- Disney Channel has reportedly tapped veteran comedy writer and producer Eunetta T. Boone to be the executive producer and showrunner for the upcoming third season of Raven’s Home.
- Disney Channel has debuted a trailer for their brand new show, Sydney to the Max.