Jon Favreau gave Star Wars fans all over the world a very special Christmas present. The Mandalorian writer and producer shared a look at a lesser-known but still beloved Star Wars character on the set of the upcoming series.
- The image shared by Favreau on his Instagram depicts the assassin droid IG-88 in front of a green screen on the set of the new series.
- The images was simply accompanied by the caption “Merry Christmas!”
- IG-88 is an assassin droid who worked as a bounty hunter.
- The character made his first appearance in The Empire Strikes Back and has since appeared in Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, the popular video game Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and more.
- IG-88 was amongst the group of bounty hunters, including Boba Fett, hired by Darth Vader to track down the Millennium Falcon.
More on The Mandalorian:
- Favreau announced the title of the new series, along with details regarding the plot, earlier this month.
- The series will include episodes directed by:
- Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels)
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series will take place between the events of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.
- The Mandalorian will be heading to the Disney Streaming Service.
- George Lucas recently stopped by the set of coming series.
- No release date for The Mandalorian has been announced at this time.
- After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
- Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones)
- Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad)
- Gina Carano (Deadpool)
- Emily Swallow (Supernatural)
- Carl Weathers (Predator)
- Omid Abtahi (American Gods)
- Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man)
- Nick Nolte (Affliction)