The long awaited opening of Ballast Point at Downtown Disney is getting closer. Food & Wine shared the news that the restaurant and brewery will hold its grand opening on Wednesday, January 16.
- Just shy of a year ago, it was announced that Ballast Point Brewing Company would be opening a restaurant and brewery at Downtown Disney.
- Food & Wine reported today, that restaurant will host its grand opening on January 16.
- Executive Sous Chef Joey Lerma has curated a fantastic menu that includes dishes prepared with beer such as Chicken Wings with a Spicy Sculpin Buffalo glaze and a California “Kolsch” Steak Burrito.
- While Ballast Point is a brewery, the atmosphere will be family friendly and the children’s menu will feature kid approved favorites—sans alcohol.
- Ballast Point will be open seven days a week from 10 am to midnight.
For the beer connoisseur:
- Guests can choose from “more than fifty styles of Ballast Point’s adventurous beer across 100 tap lines.”
- Additionally, “limited-edition R&D brews exclusive to the Downtown Disney District location” will also be available.
What they’re saying:
- President Ben Dollard: “With all our Ballast Point brewpub locations, we aim to provide a locally relevant experience for guests. The new Ballast Point brewpub offers a family friendly environment with features designed to appeal to all visitors [including] a dedicated children’s menu with favorites like Crispy Chicken Tenders, Corn Tortilla Quesadilla and Grilled Cheese.”
More news from the Disneyland Resort:
- The Tropical Hideaway is now open! This delightful location in Adventureland at Disneyland park is serving up delicious treats in a fun, atmospheric setting.
- In preparation for the “Get Your Ears On” celebration at Disneyland, the resort monorail has received a colorful new wrap featuring Mickey Mouse.
- Sleeping Beauty Castle and Astro Orbitor are currently undergoing refurbishment, and are expected to be open to guests again in Spring 2019.