National Polka Dot Day just around the corner and even Mickey: The True Original Exhibition is getting in on the fun.
As part of the continued celebration of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s 90th Anniversary, a new art piece inspired by Minnie Mouse will be unveiled and installed at the Exhibition on National Polka Dot Day in celebration of Minnie’s signature style.
- On January 22, a new art piece designed by Alake Shilling and inspired by Minnie Mouse, will be installed at the Mickey: The True Original Exhibition in the “Burst of Color” room.
- Fans will have the chance to see Shilling’s new piece and meet the artist at a special event at the Exhibition on National Polka Dot Day, January 22.
- Guests who attend the evening are encouraged to share their dots in true #MinnieStyle.
- A limited number of tickets for this event are available now and can be reserved here.
About Alake Shilling:
- Shilling is a Los Angeles-based painter and ceramicist, and created the Minnie-inspired piece exclusively for the Exhibition.
- Shilling is known for her heavily textured works that borrow elements of nature and memories to produce psychedelic fable worlds.
- Alake on her inspiration behind the piece of art: “My inspiration for my Minnie Mouse painting is my love for Disney's Silly Symphony. I wanted to create a painting with Minnie Mouse as the focus, but I wanted the painting to have the same up-beat energy as a Silly Symphony animation.”
Rockin’ the dots:
- Minnie Mouse is one of the world’s most recognized characters, delighting kids and families for generations.
- Loved for her infectious, upbeat personality, Minnie’s iconic style has also made her a muse for fashion designers, artists and fans around the globe.
- Each year Disney encourages fans to “rock the dots” and celebrate Minnie’s incomparable influence on National Polka Dot Day.
- This week, shopDisney debuted some adorable and colorful merchandise inspired by Minnie Mouse and full of, you guessed it, polka dots!
The True Original:
- Don’t miss the family friendly Mickey: The True Original Exhibition. Located at 60 10th Avenue, New York, fans can visit the exhibition Tuesday-Sunday from 10 am to 8 pm now through February 10, 2019. Tickets are available for $38 per person.