Minnie Mouse is always rocking the dots, and Disney is encouraging fans to join her in celebrating the signature look. As part of Disney’s continued celebration of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse’s 90th anniversary Disney will host events in Los Angeles and New York and launch new collections both online and at retail.
- In honor of Minnie fan holiday National Polka Dot Day (January 22), Disney is encouraging fans to #MinnieStyle as the company hosts special events and launches new collections online and at retail.
- Loved for her infectious, upbeat nature, Minnie Mouse first made her debut in the groundbreaking animated classic, Steamboat Willie, and has remained a global icon ever since.
- Minnie is known for many things including:
- Her fun style
- Classic polka dots
- Bold patterns
Minnie, the Fashion Designer’s Muse:
- Designers will unveil Minnie-inspired capsule collections in celebration of her milestone anniversary and annual fan holiday.
- Fans will discover new looks from:
- Luxury milliner Gigi Burris
- Happy Feet
- Pandora Jewelry
- On January 19, female-founded athleisurewear brand Terez and leading cold-pressed juice brand Pressed Juicery will host a Minnie-inspired fitness event open to the public at Westfield Century City, in celebration of the launch of their Minnie-inspired collections.
- Throughout the day, fans will have the opportunity to take a class hosted by an influential fitness pioneer Tracy Anderson, and shop Terez’s new leggings and tops adorned with the beloved character.
- The Disney | Terez featuring Minnie Mouse collection will be available on Terez.com starting on January 18.
- The collection features an assortment of women’s and girl’s leggings and tops blending Terez’s commitment to quality and unique design with Minnie’s fun and feminine aesthetic.
- Attendees will also be some of the first to have the chance to sample Pressed Juicery’s new limited edition, Minnie-inspired juices, a Pineapple Greens and Dragon Fruit Punch, created in celebration of her anniversary.
- Pineapple Greens: incorporates rich leafy greens and sweet golden pineapple for an energizing yet honeyed taste.
- Dragon Fruit Punch: made with refreshing watermelon, dragonfruit and strawberry for a bold and revitalizing kick.
- Both juices are non-GMO and have no added sugars.
- The juices will be available at all 70+ Pressed Juicery locations nationwide and online at pressedjuicery.com starting on January 22.
- In addition to the two juices, special Pressed Juicery and Minnie Mouse merchandise will also be available for fans to continue the celebration all year long.
- Custom seed pouches, showcasing Minnie’s love of gardening, inspired by vintage Minnie Mouse seed packets from the 1970s, and a special edition cooler bag will be available for purchase at launch. In February, a reusable glass water bottle and a commemorative pin will also be available.
- Fans are encouraged to RSVP for the event in advance at [email protected]
- Artist Alake Shilling will debut new artwork inspired by Minnie Mouse at ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ on January 22 during an exclusive event.
- shopDisney unveiled some adorable Minnie Mouse merchandise just in time for National Polka Dot Day.