Disney’s Frozen: The Broadway Musical will be heading to the land down under. The wildly successful musical is set to open in Australia in 2020, according to Playbill.
- Disney’s Frozen: The Broadway Musical will make its Australian debut at Sydney’s Capitol Theatre in July 2020.
- This will mark the first international staging of Disney’s Frozen: The Broadway Musical, which continues on Broadway at the St. James Theatre.
- Casting for the Australian premiere of the Disney musical will be announced at a later date.
- Frozen: The Broadway Musical opened on Thursday, March 22, 2018 and has been in the top 10 best-selling shows every week, establishing itself as the biggest musical hit of its season.
- Disney has announced that Frozen: The Broadway Musical will set off on a North American Tour in Fall 2019.
What they’re saying:
- NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian: “[Frozen is] one of the most highly acclaimed and sought after musicals currently in production. It is a global cultural sensation, and we are thrilled to have secured the musical adaptation for Sydney.”
ICYMI – More Frozen news:
- In celebration of International Women’s Day, Disney on Broadway has announced the second annual “Women’s Day on Broadway: Inspiring Changemakers.”
- Frozen: The Broadway Musical has announced two new cast members, including the first woman ever cast to play the role of Olaf, just a few months ahead of the show’s first anniversary.
- An Instagram user shared what could potentially be our first look at Anna and Elsa in Frozen 2.
- Comic Book readers and fans of Disney’s Frozen can delight in the fact that Dark Horse Comics has announced a second “Disney Frozen” comic series.
- Square Enix’s popular mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Union X [Cross], will be getting some winter magic with new themed outfits and character medals based on Disney’s Frozen.