Marvel and Hulu have announced a deal that will see a new adult animated series based on Howard the Duck, as well as several additional animated series, according to Deadline.
- The new deal will bring four original Marvel adult animated series, including Howard the Duck, to Hulu.
- The Howard the Duck series will be created by Kevin Smith and Dave Willis.
- Smith, Willis and Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb will serve as executive producers on the new series.
- The other three Marvel animated series will be:
- Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show
- Marvel’s Hit-Monkey
- Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.
- Chelsea Handler will executive produce and write Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show along with Erica Rivinoja.
- The series will focus on the superpowered Tigra and Dazzler as they try to find their way living in Los Angeles.
- Josh Gordon and Will Speck will head Marvel’s Hit-Monkey, which will follow an angry Japanese snow monkey trying to take down Tokyo’s crime underworld.
- Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K. will be run by Patton Oswalt and Jordan Blum and will focus on a supervillain with ego and family issues.
- The four new series will culminate in a team-up series called The Offenders, playing off of Netflix’s The Defenders.
- Loeb will serve as an executive producer on each new series.
- No target dates have been announced for these new series at this time.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Marvel launched a retro, 90s-esque promotional website for their upcoming film, Captain Marvel.
- Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. star Clark Gregg discusses his new “mysterious” role in the upcoming sixth season.
- Marvel Comics is celebrating ‘Wakanda Forever’ this month and fans can enjoy a free bundle of Black Panther comics to join in on the celebration.
- FX has announced that their X-Men spinoff series, Legion, will be ending after its third season this June.