Marvel Studios has selected Rick and Morty writer Michael Waldron to handle the Loki series heading to Disney+, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Waldron will write the pilot for the new series based on the God of Mischief.
- He will also serve as the show creator and executive producer.
- Tom Hiddleston is expected to reprise his role as the fan-favorite villain of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- The Loki-centric series will be joined by Marvel series focusing on Vision and Scarlet Witch as well as Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
- Waldron has been a production assistant on Rick and Morty and it writing and producing for the upcoming season of the popular Cartoon Network animated series.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is coming back soon. Hasbro has announced a new line of products based on the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- With only three weeks until the debut of Marvel’s Captain Marvel, Her Universe has revealed a brand new collection inspired by the heroine.
- Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble will take place at Disney California Adventure on April 30th and May 1st.
- Marvel and Hulu have announced a deal that will see a new adult animated series based on Howard the Duck, as well as several additional animated series.