Gwyneth Paltrow – the actress who portrays Tony Stark’s secretary and eventual fiance, Pepper Potts – is reportedly retiring the character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, according to Variety.
- In an interview with Variety, Paltrow said the upcoming Avengers: Endgame will be the final appearance she will make in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- I mean, I’m a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point,” the 46-year-old Paltrow told Variety. “I feel very lucky that I did it, because I actually got talked into it. I was friends with Jon Favreau. It was such a wonderful experience making the first Iron Man and then to watch how important it has become to fans.”
- Paltrow has played Potts since 2008, appearing in six films with Avengers: Endgame being her seventh.
- While she plans to step away, the actress did not rule out the possibility of appearing in another Marvel film in the future.
- “I feel honored to be a part of something that people are so passionate about,” she said. “Of course, if they said, ‘Can you come back for a day?,’ I will always be there if they need me.”
- Looks like we might be seeing Pepper Potts for the last time when Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 26.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Netflix has cancelled Jessica Jones and The Punisher. The streaming service will no longer be making Marvel TV shows about these characters.
- Marvel Studios has selected Rick and Morty writer Michael Waldron to handle the Loki series heading to Disney+.
- Hasbro has announced several new Marvel products, including ones themed to Ant-Man and the upcoming Spider-Man: Far From Home.
- Disneyland After Dark: Heroes Assemble will take place at Disney California Adventure on April 30th and May 1st.