Lucasfilm and ILMxLAB have released a new video showing off Project Porg, their latest experiment that lets Star Wars fans take Porgs home.
- Project Porg was announced back in October.
- This mixed-reality immersive experiment gives fans the a one-of-a-kind opportunity in which they’ll need to gain the trust and affection of the adorable, fuzzy porgs.
- How? Users will feed the small animals treats, play with them, and teach them how to maneuver real-world environments with care instructions coming from C-3PO himself.
- Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO in all his appearances in Star Wars films and animation, returns to voice the iconic droid.
- The porgs on the other hand are playing themselves, though Star Wars animation supervisor Paul Kavanagh advised on bringing them to life for the experience.
- ILMxLAB’s Executive in Charge, Vicki Dobbs Beck, even mentions in the video that you can take these characters with you “to public locations, possibly even a place like a theme park,” perhaps hinting at integration into the Galaxy’s Edge lands coming to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
ICYMI – More Star Wars news:
- The French Fencing Federation has registered lightsaber duelling has a competitive sport.
- Star Wars: Episode IX director, JJ Abrams, announced via twitter that the cast and crew have officially completed their last day of principal photography.
- At New York Toy Fair, Hasbro officially launched their new HasbroPulse.com e-commerce site. As part of the launch, they debuted a new “Hyperreal” 8-inch Darth Vader as part of the Star Wars The Black Series.
- Disney has announced an epic, global rollout of new merchandise from Star Wars and Frozen. Select retailers around the world will host events to celebrate the reveals and fans are encouraged to get in on the fun.
- Hasbro has introduced three new lines of Star Wars lightsaber toys, including the Star Wars Lightsaber Academy, a new digital toy that allows users to train like the Jedi.