The Conners is returning to ABC for a second season. The Roseanne spinoff has been picked up for a potential 13 episodes following a successful first season.
- Deadline is reporting that ABC has ordered a second season The Conners.
- Werner Entertainment, the series production company, is said to have secured new deals with cast members:
- John Goodman (Dan Conner)
- Laurie Metcalf (Jackie Harris)
- Sara Gilbert (Darlene Conner)
- Lecy Goranson (Becky Conner-Healy)
- ABC has not yet announced the episode order, but it’s speculated to be 13, a slight increase to the first season’s 11 episodes.
What they’re saying:
- ABC Entertainment president Karey Burke: “We are proud to be continuing the story of the iconic Conners family. This team is fearless in their willingness to tackle contemporary issues with humor and heart, and I have no doubt they will continue to outdo themselves.”
The Conners Season 2 confirmed cast:
- John Goodman
- Laurie Metcalf
- Sara Gilbert (who also serves as an executive producer)
- Lecy Goranson
- Ames McNamara as Mark Conner-Healy
- Michael Fishman is expected to be in some of the episodes
About The Conners:
- “In The Conners, this iconic family grapples with parenthood, divorce, dating, aging and financial pressures in working-class America. Through it all – the fights, the coupon cutting, the hand-me-downs, the breakdowns – with love, humor and perseverance, the family prevails.”
- The Conners is executive produced by Tom Werner with:
- Sara Gilbert
- Bruce Helford
- Dave Caplan
- Bruce Rasmussen
- Tony Hernandez
- ABC has announced they are picking up two new classic game shows for a modern reboot. Press Your Luck and Card Sharks will be joining their game show lineup soon.
- Whoopi Goldberg is gradually making a comeback on The View following a severe medical scare. She surprised her co hosts last week by joining them for a short segment.