Disney has announced that pre-sales of Disney’s Riviera Resort are now open exclusively to Disney Vacation Club members. Sales will open to the general public after April 15, 2019.
- Disney Vacation Club announced that sales of the proposed, all-new Disney’s Riviera Resort are now open exclusively for Disney Vacation Club Members until April 15, 2019, at which time sales will open to the general public.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is slated to open December 16, 2019 at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort will be the 15th Disney Vacation Club property and will immerse guests in the grandeur and enchantment of the European Riviera.
What they’re saying:
- Terri Schultz, senior vice president and general manager, Disney Vacation Club: “Not only will Disney’s Riviera Resort delight families with its gorgeous architectural details and wide range of accommodations, but members and guests will simply fall in love with the sights, sounds and flavors of Europe around every corner. This new resort will pay tribute to Walt and Lillian Disney’s amazing European travels, connecting Disney artistry and storytelling to this region’s renowned art heritage and inspiration. Our team can’t wait to welcome families to this relaxing destination inspired by the world-famous sun drenched Mediterranean Coastline.”
About Disney’s Riviera Resort:
- This deluxe Disney Vacation Club resort is slated to offer approximately 300 family-friendly vacation homes with accommodation options to fit an assortment of travel party needs.
- The resort will include:
- Deluxe studios
- One- and Two-bedroom villas
- Grand villas (sleep up to 12 guests each)
- A new, unique accommodation: Tower Studios
- Throughout the resort and inside the accommodations, guests will experience a variety of art including:
- Disney concept art with European settings
- Posters of Disney films as released in Europe
- Archival photograpy of Walt Disney’s travels thoughout the region and book titles Walt Disney gathered on his journeys.
- Additionally, there will be more than 40 signature art pieces created for Disney’s Riviera Resort featuring unique Disney character art inspired by the renowned artistic heritage found along the shores of the European Riviera.
- For those traveling with young guests, an interactive water play area, S’il Vous Play, is the perfect place to splash and have fun in a whimsical fountain featuring characters from Fantasia, drawing inspiration from the grand public fountains seen throughout Europe with a patina and limestone-inspired design.
- Guests looking for a more leisurely poolside experience, the Beau Soleil leisure pool will feature a natural, lush-green wall surrounding the tranquil area, creating a semi-private pool experience, perfect for enjoying the sun or resting beneath the shaded seating area in a grove of tropical palm trees.
- A chic, space for two, located in its own tower of the resort, these accomodations will provide an upscale studio experience that maximizes efficiency, inclusive of a queen-sized bed housed in a built-in wall unit that is pulled down for sleeping and tucked away to reveal a comfortable lounge-worthy space.
- This elegant area will include:
- A sofa
- Quaint writing nook
- A beverage center and microwave
- Plentiful storage
- Bright and modern bathroom
- Disney’s Riviera Resort will also feature many ways for guests to enjoy dining, from signature dining experiences to quick service options within the resort and poolside.
- Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera perched on the rooftop, will feature authentic dishes infused with French and Italian flavors.
- Guests will be surrounded by stunning visual aesthetics of modern interpretations of Italian and French textures, colors, and carvings mingled with stonework that harkens to what can be found in ancient European villages along the coastline.
- While dining, guests may then step out onto the terrace for a grand view of the resort’s stunning vistas, and possibly even enjoy the nighttime spectaculars of nearby Epcot or Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera will also offer special Disney character dining, with exclusive character experiences, inspired by the Riviera.
- Poolside dining at Bar Riva is an open-air pool bar with a seaside décor, where guests will encounter a relaxed European coast vibe.
- Le Petit Café, takes its name from the classic Disney film, The Arisotcats, and will have the feel of a modern French patisserie that will be a charming coffee bar by day, and transform into a stylish wine bar by night.
- Primo Piatto is the perfect place to grab a light snack that will have guests feeling like they’re dining on along a Riviera promenade.
Good to know:
- For Disney Vacation Club Members ready to purchase vacation points at Disney’s Riviera Resort, there is a special introductory offer available at:
- By calling 855-883-0181
- Guests can contact 407-W-Disney (934-7639) to make reservations for the new Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- To learn more about the new Disney Vacation Club resort, visit our Project Tracker page or check out DisneysRivieraResort.com.