Disney’s Riviera Resort will open this fall, inviting guests to step into a world full of European art. The Disney Parks Blog has shared a sneak peek at some of the artistic influences guests will find throughout the new vacation destination.
- The Disney Parks Blog has shared a sneak peek at some of the European-themed art and décor coming to the proposed Resort.
- The art in Disney’s Riviera Resort will reflect a European theme with a Disney twist.
- Throughout the resort and within the villas, guests will experience a variety of art types including:
- Disney concept art with European settings
- Posters of Disney films as released in Europe
- Archival photography of Walt’s travels throughout the region
- References to the ephemera and book titles Walt gathered on his journeys
- Additionally, there will be more than 40 signature art pieces created just for Disney’s Riviera Resort featuring unique Disney character art inspired by the renowned artistic heritage found along the shores of the European Riviera.
- Guests will see so many of their favorite Disney characters reflected in the newly created master artistry, including:
- Mickey and Minnie
- Beauty and the Beast
- Peter Pan
- The Aristocats
- The Princess and the Frog
- 101 Dalmatians
- The paintings also feature fun names such as:
- “Interior with Cats,” which highlights The Aristocats with Marie, Berlioz and Toulouse.
- “Still Life with Teapot” Showcasing Lumiere, Mrs. Potts, Chip and Cogsworth.
- Mizner’s Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be undergoing renovations in the coming months and will close temporarily in April.
- Rafiki’s Planet Watch will reopen this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom welcoming guests back into the exciting world of nature and conservation.
- Several exciting new enhancements are coming to the 2019 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in celebration of the event’s 10-year anniversary.
For more information and updates on Disney’s Riviera Resort, check out our Laughing Place Project Tracker.