Disney has announced that Mizner’s Lounge at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa will be undergoing renovations in the coming months and will therefore close temporarily in April.
- The lounge will be expanded and is expected to reopen in the fall.
- As a result of the brief closure, a temporary lounge location will be set up nearby.
- The Mizner’s Lounge bar service will move to the first-floor lobby area next to Garden View Tea Room.
- The temporary lounge will serve “classic cocktails and elegant beverages, as well as light snacks.”
- The Grand Floridian Society Orchestra will also relocate within the main lobby area for Guests to enjoy live jazz standards and popular Disney tunes.
- Mizner’s Lounge will expand into the nearby space of Commander Porter’s, which will close permanently at the end of business on April 4.
- The men’s apparel and offerings found in Commander Porter’s will temporarily be available at the various other merchandise locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
- Summer Lace will also undergo construction to become a home for both women’s and men’s apparel.
- There is no closure planned for Summer Lace at this time.
ICYMI – More Walt Disney World news:
- Disney announced that Rafiki’s Planet Watch will reopen this summer at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Walt Disney World has extended their FastPass+ and Extra Magic Hours benefits to guests staying at the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
- Disney has announced some exciting new enhancements coming to the 2019 Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend in celebration of the event’s 10-year anniversary.
- Walt Disney World has announced that they will be retiring the “Disney’s Walk Around the World” bricks located outside of Magic Kingdom.
- The new “Dapper Yellow” Spirit Jersey is coming to the World of Disney store at Disney Springs this week.