Bob’s Burgers executive producer, Nora Smith, has agreed to a multi-year deal with 20th Century Fox Television. She will co-showrun the animated series along with creator Lorne Bouchard as well as bring her talents to additional projects.
- Deadline has reported that Nora Smith, executive producer for Bob’s Burgers has signed a multi-year deal to remain with 20th Century Fox Television.
- Smith will continue to work on Bob’s Burgers, where she began as a staff writer during the show’s first season.
- Under this new deal, Smith will also serve as co-showrunner along with Loren Bouchard, the series’ creator/executive producer/showrunner.
- In addition to Bob’s Burgers, Smith, will bring her animation production experience to Bouchard’s new animated series Central Park for Apple.
- Smith co-created the series with Bouchard and Josh Gad and will also serve as an executive producer.
- Her other credits include co-writing the upcoming Bob’s Burgers movie with Bouchard and working on another of his series, Lucy: The Daughter of the Devil.
What they're saying:
- Marci Proietto, EVP, Animation: “Nora is an amazing talent and we are so excited to build upon our relationship with her,” said. “She’s extremely collaborative and loved by anyone who gets to work with her. I’ve watched her grow from a staff writer in season 1 of Bob’s into an incredible creative force. But most of all, I’m so proud of all she’s accomplished and happy that we will be in business with her for many years to come.”
More Fox deals:
- Since the Disney/Fox merger closed on March 20th, other announced deals with Fox Television include:
- Pretty Little Liars creator I. Marlene King will develop, write, produce and direct projects for network, cable and streaming platforms through her production company, Long Lake Media
- Jake Kasdan and producing partner Melvin Mar, signed a four year overall deal that will have them directing and producing new content for the network.