Taika Waititi and Utkarsh Ambudkar have joined Ryan Reynolds in the cast of 20th Century Fox’s upcoming film Free Guy, according to Deadline.
- Waititi is known recently for directing Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, while Ambudkar will be featured in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of Mulan.
- They join a cast that includes Deadpool star Ryan Reynolds as well as Jodie Comer, Joe Kerry and Lil Rel.
- Matt Lieberman and Zak Penn are writing the new film, which focuses on a bank teller who discovers he’s actually a player in a video game.
- Shawn Levy will direct the film and produce through his 21 Laps Entertainment.
- Adam Kolbrenner will also produce, along with Reynolds through Maximum Effort, and Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter through Berlanti Productions.
- Maximum Effort’s George Dewy and 21 Laps’ Dan Levine will serve as Executive Producers.
- Mike Ireland will oversee the project for 20th Century Fox.
ICYMI – More 20th Century Fox news:
- FX has renewed the critically-acclaimed comedy series Better Things for a fourth season.
- Writer-producer, Brad Falchuk has announced he’s leaving 20th Century Fox Television and heading to Netflix.
- Idris Elba is reportedly in final negotiations to star in 21st Century Fox’s Mouse Guard.
- I. Marlene King, the creative force behind the hit series Pretty Little Liars, is leaving Warner Bros. TV after a decade with the studio to join 20th Century Fox Television.