Captain Marvel continues to climb higher, further and faster. The Walt Disney Company has announced that the most recent blockbuster for Marvel Studios has surpassed the $1 billion mark.
- Captain Marvel, which hit theaters less than a month ago on March 8, has become the seventh Marvel Studios film to reach the billion dollar milestone.
- In its opening weekend, Captain Marvel earned $153 million in the U.S., giving it the biggest domestic opening of 2019.
- The film totalled $455 million globally in that same weekend, the second highest all-time total for a Marvel film behind only Avengers: Infinity War and sixth highest amongst all movies.
- To date, the 21 Marvel Studios films have earned more than $18.5 billion, averaging more than $880 million per film.
- Captain Marvel will appear on the big screen very soon, as she flies in to help our heroes when Avengers: Endgame hits theaters April 26.
ICYMI – More Marvel news:
- Just a few weeks ahead of the highly-anticipated theatrical release of Marvel’s Avengers: Endgame and to prepare for the release, the Avengers themselves will be appearing on ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! next week.
- Marvel Studios’ Black Widow film has reportedly added two members to its cast. David Harbour and Rachel Weisz are now set to appear in the upcoming solo film for longtime Avenger.
- Tickets for Avengers: Endgame are available now and the film broke all kinds of records in its first day of presale.
- Marvel has announced three new specials in their “Marvel Rising” series, featuring some fan-favorite characters like Ghost-Spider, Shuri, Inferno and America Chavez.
- Funko, Hasbro, and shopDisney have released their licensed Endgame merchandise and you’re going to want it all.