With Disneynature’s Penguins about the hit theaters, Disney has released a special look back at the 10 years of Disneynature and the exciting things planned for the future.
- For 10 years, Disneynature has transported moviegoers around the world and under the sea, showcasing an array of animals that have touched the hearts of millions.
- Fans has loved watching the stories of animals unfold including these memorable moments:
- A mama bear treks through snowy Alaskan terrain on a mission to feed her new spring cubs.
- A tiny orphaned chimpanzee is adopted by the most unlikely member of his extended family.
- A panda bear cub tests her boundaries—and her watchful mother.
- And a clueless-but-captivating first-time father penguin finds his way among millions of fellow penguins.
- Indeed, as Disneynature marks a decade since its first feature-film debut, its newest film, Penguins, begins its 10-day countdown till opening day—just in time for Earth Day.
- Additionally, Penguins will continue Disneynature’s conservation tradition.
- For every ticket sold opening week (April 17-23, 2019), Disneynature will make a donation to the Wildlife Conservation Network (WCN) to help protect penguins across the southern hemisphere.
- Advance tickets are available now.
Check out the video celebrating Disneynature’s first 10 years, including a few sneak peeks at what’s in store for the next few years.
- Opening in theaters and in IMAX on April 17, Penguins is a coming-of-age story narrated by Ed Helms (The Office, The Hangover, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart) about an Adélie penguin named Steve who’s on a quest to build a suitable nest, find a life partner and start a family. None of it comes easily for him, especially considering he's targeted by everything from killer whales to leopard seals, who unapologetically threaten his happily ever after.
- The film was directed by Alastair Fothergill and Jeff Wilson; Harry Gregson-Williams composed the score; and Alastair Fothergill, Mark Linfield, Keith Scholey, and Roy Conli served as producers.
- Penguins is the first-ever Disneynature film to be released in IMAX
What they’re saying:
- Paul Baribault, vice president of Disneynature: “Each film inspires a new conservation initiative, ranging from planting millions of trees in Brazil’s Atlantic Forest to the establishment of new marine protected areas, wild chimpanzee habitats and wildlife corridors, plus many more projects benefiting countless species. This 10-year milestone celebrates our commitment to working with the best nature filmmakers and premiere conservation organizations to not only inspire audiences to care about our natural world, but to make a direct impact through these programs.”
- The first new Disney-branded film label from The Walt Disney Studios in more than 60 years, Disneynature was launched to bring the world’s top nature filmmakers together to share a wide variety of wildlife stories on the big screen in order to engage, inspire and educate theatrical audiences everywhere.
- All seven of Disneynature’s theatrical film releases—Earth, Oceans, African Cats, Chimpanzee, Bears, Monkey Kingdom and Born in China—rank among the top 10 highest overall grossing feature-length nature films to date, with Chimpanzee garnering a record-breaking opening weekend for the genre.
- Penguins is Disneynature’s eighth theatrical feature.
Penguins debuts in theatres nationwide on April 17, 2019