The king has arrived. This morning, Disney released a new trailer for their highly anticipated remake of The Lion King.
- Directed by Jon Favreau (Iron Man, The Jungle Book), the upcoming film reimagines the now-classic tale.
- As we’ve seen from this trailer and previous teasers, this version will combine iconic moments with new elements to delight fans.
- The film features the voices of Donald Glover as Simba, Beyoncé Knowles-Carter as Nala, James Earl Jones reprising his role as Mufasa, Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar, Seth Rogen as Pumbaa and Billy Eichner as Timon, and John Oliver as Zazu along with Eric André, Keegan-Michael Key, JD McCrary, Shahadi Wright Joseph, Alfre Woodard, Florence Kasumba, and more.
- Disney’s The Lion King will roar into theatres July 19th.
ICYMI – The Lion King
- While this new take on The Lion King is on the horizon, the original Disney Animated Classic is celebrating its 25th anniversary.
- In honor of this milestone, Disney Parks around the world have been rolling out special experiences.
- This May, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will debut new Tree of Life Awakenings featuring music and animation from the film.
- These nighttime shows join the park’s Hakuna Matata Time Dance Parties, which are happening now.
- At the Disneyland Resort, this summer Disney California Adventure will feature a traveling troupe of storytellers that will celebrate The Lion King in story, song and dance.
- Finally, Disneyland Paris will host The Lion King & Jungle Festival from June 30th to September 22nd.
- The festival will include new experiences and entertainment inspired by The Lion King, The Jungle Book, and more.