Each day this week, Universal Orlando is giving a look at a new magical creature from Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. Today, we have our first look at the mischievous Cornish Pixies.
- These little flying creatures are tricksters who love creating mischief, often at the expense of others.
- Cornish Pixies made their only film appearance in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets during Gilderoy Lockhart’s Defense Against the Dark Arts class.
- In the attraction, guests will find these little creatures wreaking havoc on the infamous flying car as well as some “places you may not expect.”
- More than 20 of these 13-inch-tall creatures will be found throughout the adventure.
- Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure opens June 13 at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.
- Yesterday, Universal gave us a first look at Fluffy, the three-headed dog, as he will be seen in the attraction.
More on Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure:
- The experience will begin with guests taking Hagrid’s Care of Magical Creatures class before boarding a magical motorbike.
- Guests will have the option to ride either the motorcycle or the adjacent sidecar, with each one providing a unique experience.
- Guests will soar into the Forbidden Forest and encounter some of the Wizarding World’s most magnificent creatures.
- Some of the other creatures featured on the attraction will include a Centaur, a swarm of mischievous Cornish Pixies and even one that’s never been seen in the films.
- The attraction will feature rich environments and sets including a forest of 1,200 live trees.
- The coaster will reach speeds of up to 50 mph.
- The experience will also feature some challenging obstacles, including an endless pit of Devil’s Snare and more surprises along the way.
- The new attraction will fill the space previously occupied by the popular Dragon Challenge coaster.