United Airlines is channeling the Force with their newest plane. The airline revealed a first look at the Star Wars aircraft joining their fleet during last week’s Star Wars Celebration Chicago.
- Last week during Star Wars Celebration, United Airlines tweeted a picture of a new airplane joining their fleet.
Introducing the newest member of our intergalactic fleet.
— United Airlines (@united) April 12, 2019
- Cnet writes that the aircraft will be one United's Boeing 737-800 planes and that it will be the only Star Wars plane joining the fleet.
- The aircraft promotes the new film Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, and features:
- Blue and red lightsabers on both sides of the tail
- A blue wing and a red wing
- X-Wing Fighters
- TIE Fighters
- Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker logo
- The details for when this plane will set out on its first “mission” remain unknown.
- However, considering the plane is designed to promote the upcoming Star Wars film, it seems likely that it will soar sooner rather than later. Or at the very least, before December!
What they’re saying:
- United spokesperson Natalie Noonan: "The aircraft will be exploring the 'domestic galaxy' and will not be assigned a specific route, meaning customers across the US may have the opportunity to travel on this unique plane."
ICYMI “Roll it again”
- Star Wars Celebration was full of awesome reveals and new details about everything across the galaxy—including Galaxy’s Edge merchandise. But the Episode IX trailer was easily the best moment of the event.