Disneynature’s next venture will explore the world of dolphins in the upcoming documentary, Dolphin Reef. This film will feature narration by Natalie Portman and will make its debut on Disney’s new streaming service, Disney+.
- In celebration of Earth Day, Disney+ revealed today that actress Natalie Portman narrates the next feature film from Disneynature, Dolphin Reef.
- Dolphin Reef will release on Disney+, the highly-anticipated streaming service launching in the U.S. on November 12, 2019.
- Dolphin Reef dives under the sea to frolic with some of the planet’s most engaging animals: dolphins.
Did you know:
- The film was originally titled, Dolphins and was slated for an April 2018 theatrical run. However that release was later canceled.
About Dolphin Reef:
- “Created with Disneynature’s signature storytelling style, the film introduces Echo, a young Pacific bottlenose dolphin who can’t quite decide if it’s time to grow up and take on new responsibilities. Dolphin society is tricky, and the coral reef that Echo and his family call home depends on all of its inhabitants to keep it healthy. But Echo has a tough time resisting the many adventures the ocean has to offer.”
- Keith Scholey, who directed Disneynature’s Bears, helms the film.
What they’re saying:
- Paul Baribault, vice president of Disneynature: “Disneynature takes audiences to spectacular and remote places to share remarkable wildlife stories captured by our award-winning film crews. For Penguins, which is in theaters now, moviegoers get to explore the vast and unforgiving Antarctic environment through the eyes of an Adélie penguin. Dolphin Reef takes us to a thriving coral reef—one of the most fascinating and dynamic habitats on Earth—to see the incredible creatures who consider reefs their home.”
- Agnes Chu, senior vice president of Content for Disney+: “For more than a decade, Disneynature has amazed and inspired the world through its acclaimed True Life Adventure films. We’re thrilled to give Disneynature’s unique stories a new home in our growing collection of original content.”
More original programing coming to Disney+:
- Dolphin Reef will join the platform’s robust slate of original nonfiction programming including:
- Be Our Chef
- Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title)
- Earthkeepers (working title)
- Ink & Paint
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2
- Marvel’s 616
- Marvel’s Hero Project
- Magic of Animal Kingdom
- Rogue Trip
- Shop Class (working title)
- Untitled Walt Disney Imagineering documentary series
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum
- Disneynature’s Penguins will also be available on the platform in 2020.