It’s no secret that Avengers: Endgame is going to make a huge splash at the box office. The superhero teamup is the culmination of 11 years and 21 prior films, and fans of the franchise have been scrounging the internet for whatever tickets they can find. And now that the film has been released internationally, we know for sure at least some opening day records have already been dusted by the Endgame.
- According to Box Office Mojo, Avengers: Endgame has already opened in 25 markets and posted an estimated $169 million opening day haul.
- The film brought in $107.5 million in China on its opening day, setting a single day record.
- Endgame also set opening day records in:
- Australia – $7 million
- Philippines – $3.9 million
- Hong Kong – $2.7 million
- Taiwan – $2.6 million
- Thailand – $2.4 million
- Malaysia – $2 million
- Indonesia – $2.5 million
- South Korea $8.4 million
- It also earned the second highest opening day in Italy at $5.8 million and third highest in Germany at $5.6 million.
- Endgame is currently pacing ahead of Avengers: Infinity War in all markets.
- With domestic numbers still to come after tonight’s opening in the U.S., Endgame has already put a nice dent in the $640 million record for an opening weekend worldwide, currently held by Infinity War.
- And it looks like we can expect that domestic number to help a great deal as Fandango has reported over 8,000 showtimes of Endgame have already sold out on the site, making it the company’s largest pre-seller, topping Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Numbers from the UK and Brazil have also yet to come in and are also expected to be massive, including a record-setting midnight performance in the UK.
- Be sure to check back as we continue to breakdown this record-breaking box office performance.
More on Avengers: Endgame:
- Cole predicts a massive domestic opening weekend for Avengers: Endgame, which will only add to its list of broken records.
- Be sure to check out Mike’s SPOILER-FREE review of the new film before you see it in theaters.
Avengers: Endgame opens domestically April 26.