ABC Studios continues to solidify its roster of production talent. The studio has signed writer-producer Jason Richman to a new overall deal, according to Deadline.
- Under this new multi-year deal, Richman will continue his work on his current ABC Studios projects as well as develop new ones for broadcast, cable, and streaming services.
- Richman is the creator, writer and showrunner for ABC’s Stumptown, which stars Cobie Smulders.
- He is also co-writing and co-showrunning The Rainmaker and Rogue Lawyer, which will serve as the first two series in Hulu’s proposed John Grisham universe. Both series also come from ABC Studios.
- In the past, Richman has also created and executive produced ABC Studios drama series Detroit 1-8-7 and co-developed and executive produced Lucky 7.
- Richman joins Iron Fist showrunner Raven Metzner, who also signed a new overall deal with ABC Studios yesterday.
ICYMI – More ABC news:
- We’re just over a week away from the return of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and today Marvel released a new trailer for the upcoming sixth season.
- In honor of its 25 years, Disney Theatrical is working on a revival of Beauty and the Beast, as revealed on ABC’s Nightline.
- American Idol recently had their annual “Disney Night.” Check out all of the performances here.
- ABC has reportedly set a 90-minute live production based on the iconic sitcoms All in the Family and The Jeffersons.