Live-action, daughter/father comedy, Sydney to the Max, will return to Disney Channel for another year for family fun. The network has announced a second season pickup of the popular show, with production slated to begin this summer.
- Disney Channel has picked up a second season of the live-action daughter/father comedy Sydney to the Max.
- Geared for kids ages 6-14 and families, the series is set in the present day with flashbacks to the 1990s and follows
- outgoing middle schooler Sydney Reynolds, who lives with her single dad Max, in the house he grew up in, along with her progressive grandmother Judy.
- As Sydney’s preteen pursuits begin to expand, Max’s flashbacks of his childhood help him gain a better perspective of his daughter’s experiences.
- New episodes from season one will return on Tuesday, June 18 (8:00-8:30 pm EDT) on Disney Channel and in the DisneyNOW app.
- Production on season two will commence later this summer.
- Sydney to the Max was created and is executive produced by Mark Reisman (Frasier, Wings, The Exes).
What they’re saying:
- Nancy Kanter, executive vice president, Content and Creative, Disney Channels Worldwide: “Mark Reisman and his team of talented writers, along with the top-notch cast, delivered a show that has quickly become an audience favorite for Disney Channel. With its playful nod to growing up in the 90s, the series strikes a chord with anyone who’s ever experienced their own ‘growing pains.’ We look forward to having our viewers see what’s in store for the Reynolds family next season.”
Sydney to the Max cast:
- Ruth Righi in the title role of Sydney
- Ian Reed Kesler as adult Max
- Caroline Rhea as Grandma Judy
- Jackson Dollinger as young Max
- Ava Kolker as Sydney’s best friend Olive
- Christian J. Simon as young Max’s best friend Leo
More Disney Channel news:
- The new animated series Amphibia, starring Brenda Song, premieres on June 17 and has already been picked up for a second season.
- Andi Mack’s final season will air this summer starting on June 21. Fans of the series can catch new episodes every Friday through July 26.
- Muppet Babies puppets are for real! The cuddly friends are currently starring in a series of adorable shorts on the Disney Junior YouTube channel. The first episode is available now.
- Want to know what other Disney Channel shows are returning? Check out our Renewed or Cancelled page to keep track of all your favorites.