Toy Story’s own, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks joined The Walt Disney Company this weekend for an annual Disney Toy Delivery. The celebrities visited AdventHealth for Children in Orlando to distribute toys to kids and families.
- This weekend, Toy Story 4 actors, Tim Allen and Tom Hanks helped The Walt Disney Company kick off its annual Disney Toy Delivery at AdventHealth for Children in Orlando, Florida.
- During the special visit, Allen and Hanks, distributed toys to kids and families and helped bring joy to patients.
- In addition to the toy distribution families and children also enjoyed photo opportunities with Toy Story characters during the event.
- As part of Disney’s Team of Heroes philanthropic initiative, The Walt Disney Company’s Toy Delivery brings to children’s hospitals:
- Books and comics
- The hospitals can then share these resources throughout the year with their patients.
- The items that are included in the toy deliveries are specifically selected to be the most beneficial in helping promote normalcy, reduce stress and inspire play during what can be a difficult time for children.
- This year’s toy deliveries, which continue a nearly 15-year tradition for Disney, will include new products from Toy Story 4 (set to open in theaters on June 21).
What they’re saying:
- Elissa Margolis, senior vice president, Enterprise Social Responsibility for The Walt Disney Company: “The Toy Story films celebrate the importance of toys in a child’s life—they are a source of comfort, joy and consistent companionship. By delivering toys to children’s hospitals across the country we hope to raise the spirits of children facing serious illness and make their hospital stay a bit more comfortable.”
Did you know?:
- More than $3 million in Disney products will be delivered to children’s hospitals across the U.S. this year as part of the Disney Toy Delivery program.
- Thanks to Disney and the Association of Child Life Professionals and Starlight Children’s Foundation, 450 hospitals in the U.S. and Canada receive hospital care packages annually as part of this program.
- The toy deliveries and the special visit to AdventHealth for Children by cast and characters from Toy Story 4 are all part of Disney Team of Heroes, the Company’s philanthropic initiative focused on reimagining the patient and family experience in children’s hospitals across the globe.
- The initiative launched in March 2018 with Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger’s announcement of a five-year, $100 million commitment to support children’s hospitals around the world.
- In April of this year at Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston, Texas, Disney launched a pilot of new experiences—each of which has been designed to provide comfort and inspiration for patients and their families.
- Plans are underway to roll out the innovative program to hospitals in the U.S. and internationally.