Actress Ana Ortiz has been cast in the Disney+ series, Love, Simon. The show was announced for Disney’s streaming service back in April.
- Deadline is reporting that Ana Ortiz has been cast as one of the leads in the Disney+ series, Love, Simon. She is the first actor to join the show.
- Disney+’s Love, Simon is inspired by the 2018 20th Century Fox film of the same name, which was based on the novel Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli.
- The half-hour show, while based on its source material, will instead focus on a different character, Victor. Ortiz will play Victor’s mom, Isabel.
- The show hails from Isaac Aptaker and Elizabeth Berger who wrote the movie. The duo also executive produce and co-showrun NBC’s emotional drama, This Is Us.
- The series was announced for Disney+ this past April, shortly after Disney’s Investor Day which revealed many details about the new streaming service.
- Executive Producers and writers:
- Isaac Aptaker
- Elizabeth Berger
- Executive Producers:
- Marty Bowen
- Isaac Klausner (Temple Hill)
- Pouya Shahbazian
- EP and Showrunner:
- Brian Tanen
What they’re saying:
- Becky Albertalli, author of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda: “I’m SO excited to report that a Love, Simon spinoff is coming to the new Disney+ streaming service!!” This series is NOT an adaptation of (Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda sequel) Leah on the Offbeat, nor is it a remake of Love, Simon. It is a spinoff set in the world of Simon.”