The Disney Wonder is bringing some additional southern hospitality aboard with the debut of French Quarter Lounge. Here guests of all ages can enjoy themed activities, character encounters, and trivia during the day, followed by live entertainment and more in the evening hours.
- Guests sailing the Disney Wonder this fall will enjoy new enhancements, updates, and themed designs as the ship debuts:
- The Princess and the Frog themed lounge
- A sleek space for Teens
- A redesigned café for adults
The French Quarter Lounge:
- This fall the Disney Cruise Line’s Disney Wonder is bringing the world of The Princess and the Frog to life with some exciting new additions.
- The ship will open a New Orleans-themed lounge designed to take guests even deeper in the city’s famous French Quarter.
- With Tiana’s Place Restaurant already aboard the Disney Wonder, the French Quarter Lounge is a natural fit and perfect theming enhancement.
- French Quarter Lounge will feature live music on the gazebo stage and speciality drinks served at a whimsical bar, making it the perfect place to visit before or even after dinner at Tiana’s Place Restaurant.
- In addition to live entertainment and evening refreshments, guests can stop by all day long to enjoy New Orleans-themed activities, trivia, and character encounters.
- As for the decor and atmosphere, the French Quarter Lounge will transport guests to the heart of New Orleans where they’ll be surrounded by touches of iconic architecture such as wrought-iron balconies, classic brick walls and shutter-framed windows.
- Other decorative details include a life-size trolley car and nods to The Princess and the Frog with signs and facades on the walls.
- Vibe, a club reserved for teens ages 14-17, will transform into a contemporary place to hang out with friends while at sea.
- The space will be given a timeless feel with an open, bright redesign, a light color palette and industrial metal work.
- Plus a new coffee bar and updated virtual reality technology add to the list of activities for teens to enjoy during their family vacation.
- Adults will have an updated space all their own in the Cove Café, after a redesign that will transform the look and feel of the café into a local coffee shop, complete with warm, comfortable and trendy décor.
- Guests are invited to indulge themselves in this peaceful retreat, which is the perfect place to sip specialty coffee or tea throughout the day or partake in wine, cocktails and light bites during the evening.
- Just steps away, Signals Bar is also undergoing a transformation with a similar look.
- The new enhancements debut on the Disney Wonder’s four-night sailing from Vancouver to San Diego on Sept. 30, 2019.
- Fall and winter 2020 itineraries are on sale now. In addition to the fantastic enhancements coming to the Disney Wonder, all four of the Disney Cruise Line vessels will be hosting sailings with Halloween and winter Holiday theming.
- Also new in 2020, the Disney Wonder will home port in New Orleans providing guests with a few unique perks. Should they so choose, guests can ride a streetcar and devour fresh beignets riverside before enjoying their incredible voyage!