Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy has named Michelle Rejwan, producer of the upcoming Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, as the new Senior Vice President of Live Action Development and Production at the studio, according to Deadline.
- Rejwan served as a co-producer on Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015 as well as Star Trek: Into Darkness in 2013.
- In her new role, Rejwan will oversee a new slate of films and episodic series for Lucasfilm and Disney+.
- Star Wars: The Ride of Skywalker will hit theaters on December 20.
What they’re saying:
- Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy: “Working with Michelle over the last seven years as a producer on both The Force Awakens and now The Rise of Skywalker, I have seen first-hand her skills collaborating with writers and directors, and I’ve been incredibly impressed with her creative skills and her ability to manage the complexity surrounding these massive projects. know the importance of building a team that you trust and have fun working with – it is paramount to our success. There’s an exciting momentum building around the future of the franchise, and both myself and the Lucasfilm team look forward to working with Michelle in shaping the future in all areas of story development, from theatrical film development to live action content for Disney+.”
ICYMI – More Star Wars news:
- Arcade1Up has revealed its latest highly anticipated at-home arcade cabinet: Atari Star Wars.
- StarWars.com has announced the dates for the 2020 Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California.
- Later this month, the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences will be hosting a presentation comparing the special effects used in Star Wars movies.
- Marvel is releasing a prequel comic to the upcoming video game Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The new comic, titled Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – Dark Temple, will be released in September.