Earlier this year, Public Theatre announced they were working on an Off Broadway adaptation of Disney’s Hercules. Just today, the company revealed their main cast for the new production that will debut in August.
- Public Theatre has announced their main cast for the upcoming, Off Broadway, production of Hercules.
- Entertainment Weekly shared the news earlier today following the casting reveal.
- Lead roles for the upcoming musical adaptation of Disney’s Hercules will go to:
- Muses include:
- Tamika Lawrence will play leader Calliope
- Ramona Keller as Thalia
- Rema Webb as Terpischore
- This adaptation of the animated classic will feature Alan Menken and David Zippel’s songs as well as some new material.
- Public Theater will host free performances August 31–September 8 at the Delacorte Theater in Central Park.
What they’re saying:
- Hercules director, Lear deBessonet: “Many generations of our Public Works families have embraced Disney musicals as a shared American canon. Hercules’ roots in Greek mythology, infused with soulful gospel music, make it a natural extension of Public Works’ radical exploration of humanity through Shakespeare and the classics. We’re excited to see how this Public Works production will uncover the deeper meaning of what it means to be a hero and how true strength is derived, not from the greatness of one person, but the transformative power of community.”