Fox is looking to add some more star power to an already star-studded cast for their new mystery drama Death on the Nile. The studio is reportedly in talks with four-time Oscar nominee Annette Bening to join the cast of the film, according to Deadline.
- Bening could potentially join a cast that already includes Gal Gadot, Armie Hammer, Tom Bateman, Letitia Wright and director Kenneth Branagh.
- Death on the Nile is a follow-up to the 2017 film Murder on the Orient Express, which starred Penelope Cruz, Johnny Depp, Josh Gad, Michelle Pfeiffer, Daisy Ridley, Willem Dafoe and more.
- Brannagh is not only returning to direct the sequel but will also be reprising his role as detective Hercule Poirot.
- The new film comes from a screenplay from Michael Green based on the 1937 book by Agatha Christie.
- Judy Hofflund, Simon Kinberg, Ridley Scott, Kevin Walsh, and Mark Gordon are all on to produce the new film.
- Bening recently appeared in Marvel’s Captain Marvel as Dr. Wendy Lawson and the embodiment of the Kree Supreme Intelligence.
- The veteran actress would take on the role of Euphemia in Death on the Nile if she signs on.
- Death on the Nile is currently slated for an October 9, 2020 release.
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- Fox/Disney has reportedly attached Thor: Ragnarok director Taika Waititi to an animated Flash Gordon feature film.
- Funko recently released a first look at their exclusive Pop! Figures themed to Disney, Marvel and more.
- Check out Alex’s review of 21st Century Fox’s recent X-Men film Dark Phoenix.
- National Geographic Kids is celebrating the 10th anniversary of their Almanac this year and the upcoming edition celebrates this in a big way.
- FX has jumped on board with BBC for an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic holiday tale, A Christmas Carol.