The latest bit of casting news regarding the Marvel Cinematic Universe and its upcoming phases, says that actress Salma Hayek is reportedly being considered to join the cast of The Eternals.
- According to The Wrap, Marvel is reportedly eyeing Salma Hayek to join the cast of The Eternals.
- The award winning actress would star opposite Richard Madden, Kumail Nanjiani, and Angelina Jolie who all have recently been in talks with the studio.
- The Wrap says “details about Hayek’s character are being kept under wraps.”
- The Eternals are ancient human beings who were created by “cosmic entities known as the Celestials.” The powerful beings were created for Marvel comics by Jack Kirby back in 1976.
- Chloe Zhao has been tapped to direct the project for Marvel while Matthew and Ryan Firpo will write the script.
More about The Eternals:
- The Eternals and the Deviants were created as a result of scientific experiments conducted by cosmic beings known as the Celestials on early humanity.
- The Eternals appear human but have much longer lifespans (though not completely immortal) as well as other superhuman abilities.
- The Deviants are genetically unstable and grotesque in appearance.
- Throughout their comic runs, the Eternals have had run ins with familiar Marvel aliens like the Kree and their interactions actually led to the creation of the Inhumans.
- The Wrap says inside sources tell them the story will follow a female Eternal known as Sersi.
- This summer, fans can expect to learn the latest form the studio at both San Diego Comic Con as Marvel returns to Hall H, and the Disney D23 Expo 2019.
- Avengers: Endgame will be rereleased in theatres on Friday, June 28 with a directors’ introduction as well as new bonus content after the film.
- Phase 3 of the MCU wraps up July 2 when Spider-Man: Far From Home swings into theatres nationwide.