The Little Mermaid has found its Flounder and Scuttle. Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina have reportedly signed on for the role in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of the animated classic.
- Disney has reportedly found its Flounder and Scuttle for their live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid.
- According to the Variety, Jacob Tremblay has signed on to play Flounder while Awkwafina has signed on for Scuttle.
- Late last week, reports said that actress Melissa McCarthy was in talks for the role of the film’s villain, the Sea Witch, Ursula.
- Rob Marshall (Mary Poppins Returns) has been tapped to helm the remake of Disney’s beloved animated classic.
- The Little Mermaid, will incorporate original songs from the 1989 animated feature as well as a few new ones penned by Disney Legend, Alan Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda (Moana).
- In addition to adding his creative voice to the film’s music, Miranda will also serve as a producer along with:
- Rob Marshall
- Marc Platt
- John DeLuca
More live-action adaptations:
- Fans won’t have to wait long to see the latest live-action version of an animated classic. Disney’s The Lion King hits theaters on July 19.
- Next March, Mulan comes to the bring screen with this adaptation being helmed by Niki Caro and starring Liu Yifei, also known as Crystal Liu as the title heroine.